The AATF National Bulletin is published four times a year (September, November, January, April). Its major focus is the presentation of information relating to the American Association of Teachers of French, news of the state of the profession of teaching French–exciting programs and experiments in teaching methods which have succeeded, the morale of teachers–and news of what is going on in France and in the Francophone world.
Deadlines for submission
September issue: deadline August 1; November issue: deadline, September 1; January issue: deadline November 1; April issue: deadline February 1
Guidelines for Authors
Articles of interest
Click here to see an index of articles online.
- Messages from the AATF President and Executive Director – every issue
- Commission Features – as received
- Classroom Activity – as received
- Convention information – April issue
- Election results – January issue
- Executive Council & Commission Chairs contact information – every issue
- Fund for the Future acknowledgements – November issue
- National French Week Contests & Materials – April & September issues
- Regional Reports and Chapter News – every issue
- Members’ Notes – as received
- À votre avis! – every issue
- Salut les jeunes! – every issue
- Award Winners – September or November issues
In addition to these regular features, there are articles on a variety of topics from civilization, culture, current events, computers and technology, fellowships, grammar and vocabulary, and anything else related to the teaching of French.
All of these materials whether used in the regular features or elsewhere, come from AATF members. Contributions are accepted from members only. Items in English and in French are accepted. However, authors are urged to write in the language in which they can communicate most effectively. Items which are not in the author’s native language should be carefully proofread by a native speaker before submission.
Click here to visit the French Review Web site.
Created: November 1, 2000
Last update: January 25, 2022