AATF Future Leaders Fellowship Program
The Future Leaders Program was created to identify promising young leaders and to bring them together at the annual convention for them to learn more about the association. Fellows are nominated by their local chapter and agree to serve in a chapter leadership role.
2022 Future Leaders Program
When: July 9-10, 2022
Where: Hotel Monteleone, New Orleans
- July 9 or earlier: Arrival in New Orleans; Session starts at 1 p.m.
- July 10: Breakfast/Lunch/Leadership Sessions, Working Dinner
- July 11: Introduction of fellows at Opening Session of the convention
- July 11-14: Fellows attend entire convention.
- There may be virtual session before and/or after the convention..
Application Process: Each AATF chapter may nominate one candidate who has been a member for at least three consecutive years and is willing to serve as a chapter officer in the future. The chapter must be willing to contribute to the cost of lodging (double occupancy) and meals for the candidate. Chapters should budget approximately $200-$400, the exact amount to be determined by the size of the chapter and chapter resources. The amount should be specified to the candidate and National Headquarters in writing. The application form can be found here.
Each candidate should address in detail the following topics: (1) Describe your past and current involvement with the AATF; (2) Describe the ways in which you would like to provide leadership within your AATF chapter or at the national level; and (3) Describe why your participation in this program would be valuable to you and to your AATF chapter.
January 15, 2022 or until filled: Deadline for fellows applications. Note that Fellows who were previously accepted and could not participate because of the pandemic are automatically accepted for 2022, but please confirm your intent to participate to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Announcement of fellows selected as applications are approved
Requirements for Applicants:
- Must be willing to attend the entire AATF convention in New Orleans
- Must have been a member of AATF for at least three years.
- Must be willing to join the board of the local AATF chapter and serve as an officer at a later date or be currently serving as a chapter officer.
- Must write an article for a state newsletter and present a session at a state conference.
The AATF will waive the cost of full registration for the New Orleans convention and will reimburse each participant $500 to cover the cost of lodging and other expenses. Meals will be provided on the leadership seminar days. Chapter are expected to contribute as well.
Participants will be expected to pay for non-registration related expenses such as excursions and meals. The cost of meals during the one-day Leadership Program will also be covered by the AATF. Direct any questions to Janel Lafond-Paquin at email@example.com.
- Report of the 2019 Leadership Program
- Report of the 2018 Leadership Program
- Report of the 2017 Leadership Program
- Reflections from a Future Leader
- Notes from a Leadership Fellow
- Why Become a Leader?
- Honor Roll of Leadership Fellows
- National Bulletin index
Created: November 8, 2013
Last update: November 18, 2021