Jeunes Amis du Français
The Jeunes Amis du Français (JAF) functions similarly to the SHF. Any middle or elementary school teacher can request a JAF Charter for a one-time fee. Because of the diversity of middle school and elementary school programs, a school must select the Cultural or Academic option. Each chapter must induct students at least once per year in order to remain active.
In 2015, the AATF inaugurated the Jeunes Amis du Français, an honorary society for middle and elementary school students.
The local school chapter (middle school, junior high school, elementary school) provides a vehicle to focus activities around French language and Francophone literatures and cultures and to encourage participation in the annual writing contest.
In addition, students can acquire leadership skills by participating in age-appropriate service activities and leading chapter events.
Please join us on “AATF Société Honoraire de Français” Facebook page! We cannot wait to hear from you and to share your ideas! The SHF now has a Twitter and Instagram feed at @AATFSHF. Join us there, too!
Processing Time FOR ALL ORDERS is 3-5 business days.
There is a per-student induction fee. Each student will receive a certificate attesting to his or her membership. Additional materials will be available for purchase. Membership in the JAF does not imply membership in the SHF nor give the student the right to SHF materials.
- Charter Application Form (to print for use with purchase order or check)
- Form to submit JAF initiates and order materials (to print for use with purchase order or check)
- Online store (for use with Credit Card Payments Only)
- AATF Membership (membership is required of all sponsoring teachers)
- 2021 JAF Creative Writing Contest Directions and Rubric Submission deadline: December 6, 2021
- 2020-2021 Chapter Report Form (Please complete your annual report if you haven’t yet done so)
Important Information for Sponsors
- JAF Constitution
- Suggested projects for middle school students
- Official policy on the use of the SHF name and logo (this policy applies to the JAF name and logo as well)
- Archives of issues of L’Élan | Click here for most recent issue.
- Sample documents for use by sponsors, including induction ceremonies and scripts and local constitution.
SHF/JAF National Council
- SHF President: Regina Symonds (MA)
- Teacher Representative: Tracy Rucker (KY)
- Teacher Representative: Kimberley Harter (NY)
- Editor of L’Élan, Roseann Lorefice
Contact SHF/JAF Secretary with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org
Created: January 29, 2015
Last update: October 1, 2021