AATF ANNUAL CONVENTION: July 15-18, 2020
Special Notice: Everything is currently on hold for the upcoming convention in Trois-Rivières. We are still 3 1/2 months from the convention, and it is too early to know what the situation will look like then. We are continuing to monitor the situation and consult with the hotel and our partners, and the Executive Council will make a final call in a few weeks. We will keep everyone apprised here and on social media. Thank you for your patience. We hope everyone is well.
Join us as we meet in Trois-Rivières, Québec. The theme of the next AATF convention which will take place at the Delta Hotel by Marriott Conference Center in Trois-Rivières is “Immersion culturelle et renouveau pédagogique: l’AATF à Trois-Rivières.”
- Hotel Information
- Academic Credit (2020 information coming in the spring; requirements will be similar to last year)
- Schedule of Activities
- Transportation from Montreal Pierre Trudeau Airport to Trois-Rivières
- Preliminary Program
- Keynote Speaker
- First-Time Convention Offer
- 2020 Call for Exhibitors
- 2020 Exhibitor Page
- Communication via social media
We are again pleased to offer one graduate credit for attending the convention through Webster University in St. Louis, Missouri. Information will be available in the spring. You will also be able to register onsite on the opening morning of the convention. Click here for last year’s information.
Registration & First-Time Offer
Registration will be comparable to last year. There will be rates for Early Bird, Regular, and Late Registration. There will also be a Full Registration option that will include some meals and a workshop. There are reduced rates for students, life, and emeritus members.
Tentative rates are: Early Bird Registration $275, Full Registration $400 (includes 3 meals and a workshop), Late Registration (after June 15) $375 (all rates to be confirmed by March 1).
We invite French teachers who have never been AATF members to attend the convention; their convention registration fee will include one year’s membership in the Association. This offer applies only to those who preregister for the convention and have never before belonged to the AATF. It does not apply to speakers. It will apply for the 2020 membership year (January 1, 2019-December 31, 2020).
The convention will take place at the Delta Hotel by Marriott Conference Center in Trois-Rivières. Attendees must reserve their rooms by June 15 to receive the special convention rate. We encourage everyone to reserve their room early because we anticipate that the hotel will fill up before the deadline.
- Vous trouverez ci-dessous des informations concernant le lien de réservation en ligne. Si vous avez des questions ou besoin d’aide concernant ce lien, n’hésitez pas à nous en faire part. Nous vous remercions de votre confiance. *Astuce…il faut s’assurer d’entrer les bonnes dates de séjour au début avant de cliquer sur « vérifier la disponibilité ».
- N’hésitez pas à nous contacter si vous éprouvez des difficultés ou si vous préférez réserver par téléphone : Delta Trois-Rivières, composez le 819 376-1991 et faites le “0”.
- Le tarif congrès est valable du 12 juillet au 20 juillet 2020. Dernier jour pour réserver au tarif congrès: lundi 15 juin 2020
- Delta Hotels Trois-Rivières par Marriott, Centre de Congrès pour $159 CAD par nuit. Cliquez ici pour réserver votre chambre dès maintenant.
Trois-Rivières is located about halfway between Montreal and Québec City. There is regularly scheduled bus service between Montreal’s Pierre Trudeau Airport and Trois-Rivières (the Delta Hotel is the terminus for these buses). Currently, the buses leave the airport at 11 a.m., 4 p.m., and 6 p.m. The trip lasts 3h to 3h45m and requires a change of bus in Montreal. For more information, go to https://www.orleansexpress.com/
Since there will not be enough space on the regularly scheduled buses to accommodate all the convention-goers to Trois-Rivières, we will also organize shuttles with Prométour which go directly from the airport to the hotel. The tentative schedule includes (final schedules will be set once travel arrangements have been confirmed and provided to us):
- Monday, July 13 – There will be a limited number of places available for those participating in the next day’s excursion.
- Tuesday, July 14 – There will be several shuttles in the afternoon and evening, depending on arrival times.
- Saturday, July 18 – There will be shuttles in the afternoon, beginning at 12:30 p.m.
- Sunday, July 19 – There will be at least one shuttle first thing in the morning.
- Anyone traveling outside of these time frames will need to take the regularly scheduled Orléans Express buses.
For those who wish to drive to Trois-Rivières, it is located about 295 miles from Manchester, NH, 344 miles from Boston, 310 miles from Albany, NY. Others may wish to rent a car at the airport.
Communication among attendees
In order to make it easier for convention attendees to communicate with one another, to find a roommate, to rent a car, or learn more about what Trois-Rivières has to offer, we have created a private Facebook group (accessible only to AATF members who request to join) dedicated to the convention. AATF members can join the closed Facebook group from the AATF Facebook page @AATFrench or go directly to @AATF_TR. You can find lots of useful advice from us and from other members.
- Archives of Past Conventions (1998-2019)
- 2020 Trois-Rivières, Québec, July 15-18
- 2021 New Orleans, July 19-22
- 2022 France
- 2023 San Diego
Last update: March 27, 2020