Contests Sponsored by the AATF
The National French Contest is now open for 2023!
2023 dates are:
- Grades 1-6 (FLES): February 12- March 6, 2024
- Deadline to order is March 4, 2024
- Grades 7-12 (levels 01-5): February 14-April 8, 2024
- Deadline to order is April 4, 2023
If you are having issues with purchasing your contest materials, please watch some of the videos below first before contacting AATF National or National French Contest staff.
The SHF sponsors Creative Writing and Francophone Studies competitions each year. Click here for more information on the 2024 competition.
Since 2013, the AATF has sponsored a student media contest to promote connections to Francophone themes. Students create short videos or interactive media submissions based on the proposed theme. Click here for more information about the 2022 contest. Visit the contest site with to view the submission form, full contests details, and past student projects. The deadline for submissions is December 20, 2022.
- There are two competition divisions: Intermediate (grades 6-8) and Secondary (grades 9-12)
- Videos must be between 30 seconds and 3 minutes in length.
- Videos must conform to all school rules and codes of conduct.
- Videos with references to alcohol, drugs, or violence will not be accepted.
- Background music: Please do not use copyrighted music in the video or as background music. While it does add to the appeal of the video, it is not acceptable use.
- No copyrighted figures (ie. Snoopy, Asterix, etc) accepted.
- Each entry must be the original work of current student(s) in French whose teacher is an AATF member for 2021.
- See the contest site for other specifications and restrictions.
Click title link above for information on this fun, easy-to-administer contest that is free for AATF members. Your students play in class using the online platform Kahoot! Questions are about the Francophone world and are in English. Students in grades 6-12 and undergraduate university students can play. The contest will take place between November 3-12.
Poster contest sponsored each spring by the AATF National Commission on FiES* for students in Grades K-8. Click here for 2023 information.
Last Update: August 2, 2023