Contests Sponsored by the AATF
Sponsored every year in March for students in Grades 1-12. Click here for more information. 2022 dates are:
- Grades 1-6 (FLES): February 14-March 5, 2022
- Grades 7-12 (levels 01-5): February 16-March 30, 2022
Poster contest sponsored each spring by the AATF National Commission on FiES* for students in Grades K-8. Click here for 2022 information.
The SHF sponsors Creative Writing and Francophone Studies (2022) competitions each year. Click here for more information.
Click title link above for information on this fun, easy-to-administer contest that is free for AATF members. Your students play in class using the online platform Kahoot! Questions are about the Francophone world and are in English. Students in grades 6-12 and undergraduate university students can play. The contest will take place between November 3-12.
Since 2013, the AATF has sponsored a student media contest to promote connections to Francophone themes. Students create short videos or interactive media submissions based on the proposed theme. Visit the contest site with to view the submission form, full contests details, and past student projects. The deadline for submissions is December 20, 2021.
- There are two competition divisions: Intermediate (grades 6-8) and Secondary (grades 9-12)
- Videos must be between 30 seconds and 3 minutes in length.
- Videos must conform to all school rules and codes of conduct.
- Videos with references to alcohol, drugs, or violence will not be accepted.
- Background music: Please do not use copyrighted music in the video or as background music. While it does add to the appeal of the video, it is not acceptable use.
- No copyrighted figures (ie. Snoopy, Asterix, etc) accepted.
- Each entry must be the original work of current student(s) in French whose teacher is an AATF member for 2021.
- See the contest site for other specifications and restrictions.
Last Update: January 25, 2022