Société Honoraire de Français: Celui qui sait deux langues en vaut deux!
How do SHF members actively participate in their school, their community, and in the world?
- Participate in National French Week
- Submit entries for SHF Writing and Travel Awards
- Tutor French to underclassmen and peers
- Fundraise for charitable organizations such as the American Red Cross, Wings of West Africa, UNICEF, March of Dimes, Restavek Freedom Foundation, Doctors Without Borders, Vera House, and more.
- Host French game and movie nights
- Organize bake sales that sell crepes, croissants, beignets, and other traditional French treats
- Volunteer at local soup kitchens
- Help raise money and awareness for victims of the 2010 Haitian earthquake
- Host fashion shows
- Sing French holiday songs at local community centers
- Participate in foreign exchanges with French-speaking countries
- Perform French cabaret shows
- Organize pétanque tournaments
- Celebrate Mardi Gras by hosting a mascarade ball
- Make French Holiday cards for residents of a retirement home
- Collect non-parishable food items, clothes, toys, and more for families in need
- Host luncheons for students and faculty
- Teach French vocabulary words to students in elementary school
- Visit local art galleries to identify French artists
- Celebrate French traditions such as "la galette des rois," "poisson d'avril," and "la Chandeleur"
- Invite 7th and 8th graders to an SHF meeting or event
- ...et beaucoup plus!
A special thank you to SHF sponsors for providing this information in the 2012 SHF Yearly Chapter Report. This chapter report is required by all SHF sponsors by June 30 of each year. It can always be located in the Spring edition of l'Elan, as well as at our SHF homepage.
Updated: February 5, 2017