Société Honoraire de Français: Celui qui sait deux langues en vaut deux!
From mid-March to mid-May, we often receive over 100 orders per day. The time involved to process this many orders is 5-7 business days. In order to ensure that your order is not delayed, please read the following.
Best day to place orders: Orders placed Friday-Tuesday will often be shipped that same week.
Use the on-line store: You receive immediate confirmation of your order. Membership, charters, and orders can all be placed at the same time.
If faxing an order, fax it yourself and make sure the order form, student names, and method of payment are included. All faxes will receive an e-mail confirmation within 24 hours.
Due to the high volume of calls/e-mails at the busiest time of year, please allow 24-48 hours for a response.
Before you place an order:
- Make sure your AATF membership has been paid for the current year. All SHF sponsors must be active (paid) members for the current year (no exceptions). Make sure the sponsor's name appears on the order form. Orders placed in someone else's name will be delayed.
- Make sure you have an active charter. Local SHF chapters must induct student members at least every other year and file an annual report in order to remain active chapters.
- If your school is paying, please verify that they have the correct mailing address in their system. It is the address found on the order form, not any other address. Similarly, if faxing, please ensure that the fax number found on the order form is used. Use any order form dated after 8/1/15.
- You may place orders by mail, fax, or via our on-line store. Please place your order only once. If you mail in an order form or check payment, be aware that first class U.S. mail can take up to two weeks to reach its destination.
- We accept payment by personal or school check, purchase order, or credit card. If paying by purchase order, we must have a copy of the purchase order itself (fax or e-mail are fine), not just the number. The purchase order must have a billing address, the items ordered, and an amount. We cannot accept blank purchase orders or ones that do no match what is being ordered. Once issued by the school, purchase orders cannot be modified by us. We cannot take credit card numbers over the phone.
- Only active sponsors may place orders. We do not accept orders from students or parents. Similarly, we do not accept individual checks from students.
- Be aware that it can take up to 7-10 business days for U.S. mail to reach us or for orders sent by U.S. mail to reach you.
- All orders are processed in the order they are received. Choosing expedited shipping does not move your order to the head of the line. All regular orders are shipped Priority Mail with a tracking number. Use a valid e-mail on your order and check to see if a tracking number has been provided before contacting us about shipments. Overnight and 2nd-day shipments are sent via Fed Ex.
Changes beginning with the 2015-2016 school year:
- We will accept purchase orders for membership payment, and membership will be considered active IF the membership and SHF order are on the same purchase order. Normally, memberships paid by purchase order are not considered active until the actual payment is received. This will continue to be the case if the purchase order is for membership alone.
- You will receive an e-mail when your order is shipped. This will include a Fed Ex or USPS tracking number.
Reasons orders are delayed:
- Sponsor not an active member. Make certain that the sponsor's name appears on the order. Often orders are placed by a school secretary, bookkeeper, or department chair with no mention of the sponsor's name.
- Charter not active or school does not have a charter. If you are unsure, check with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Invalid credit card. Sometimes this is due to missing or transposed digits. If it is a school credit card, it often requires pre-authorization.
- Student names not included. An order is placed for lettered certificates, but there are no student names.
- Order not received. If the old address or fax number is used, the order may not be received or may be significantly delayed. Verify that the order is submitted using the most recent order form (dated after 8/1/15) and that checks are mailed to the correct address that is on the form.
Updated: September 16, 2016